Interactive Bar

Scroll to content
Gorefield Primary Academy

Gorefield Primary Academy

Caring, sharing, thinking, learning


Provision is made for the children to have a school meal or to bring a packed lunch however since September 2014 all children in Foundation, Year 1 and Year 2 are automatically entitled to a free school meal.


A school meal costs £2.35 for all Year 3, 4, 5, and 6 pupils.


We aim to provide meals are of a high quality with where possible locally sourced ingredients, and the children are allowed a controlled choice from a varied menu of both hot and cold options. The kitchen will always ensure there is a vegetarian alternative and all dietary restrictions can be catered for. The menu is on a 3 week rotation and a copy is sent out to parents and carers by email, and is available at the school office. There is also a copy on the notice board in the reception area, and a link below. Our staff work hard to ensure your children eat healthily so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.


Meals can be paid for daily, weekly, half-termly or termly in advance via SIMs Pay.


Applying for Pupil Premium Funding will help us help your child. Your child could be eligible for free school meals if you’re in receipt of one of the following benefits:


  • Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400.
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guarantee element of Pension Credit
  • Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
  • Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190


If your child(ren) is/are already on FSM at their primary school this will automatically renew when moving to Year 7 – parents do not need to reapply. The current claim is automatically transferred to the new school they are starting in September (unless this is outside of Cambridgeshire in which case parents need to apply to the relevant local council).


If you think you are eligible please speak to the school office or fill in the online form at: